You can remove hosts from a cluster.
- Browse to the host in the vSphere Client.
- Right-click the host and select
. When the host is in maintenance mode, move it to a different inventory location, either the top-level data center or to a different cluster.
- Right-click the host and select Move To....
- Select a new location for the host and click OK.
When you move the host, its resources are removed from the cluster. If you grafted the host’s resource pool hierarchy onto the cluster, that hierarchy remains with the cluster.
What to do next
After you remove a host from a cluster, you can perform the following tasks.
- Remove the host from vCenter Server.
- Run the host as a standalone host under vCenter Server.
- Move the host into another cluster.