DRS seldom or never performs vMotion migrations.
DRS does not perform vMotion migrations.
DRS never performs vMotion migrations when one or more of the following issues is present on the cluster.
- DRS is deactivated on the cluster.
- The hosts do not have shared storage.
- The hosts in the cluster do not contain a vMotion network.
- DRS is manual and no one has approved the migration.
DRS seldom performs vMotion when one or more of the following issues is present on the cluster:
- Loads are unstable, or vMotion takes a long time, or both. A move is not appropriate.
- DRS seldom or never migrates virtual machines.
- DRS migration threshold is set too high.
DRS moves virtual machines for the following reasons:
- Evacuation of host that a user requested enter maintenance or standby mode.
- VM/Host DRS rules or VM/VM DRS rules.
- Reservation violations.
- Load imbalance.
- Power management.
Address the issues that are causing DRS to avoid performing vMotion migrations.