Before you install vCenter Server, make sure all machines on your vSphere network have their clocks synchronized.
This task explains how to set up NTP from the VMware Host Client.
- Start the VMware Host Client, and connect to the ESXi host.
- Click Manage.
- Under System, click Time & date, and click Edit settings.
- Select Use Network Time Protocol (enable NTP client).
- In the NTP servers text box, enter the IP address or fully qualified domain name of one or more NTP servers to synchronize with.
- From the NTP Service Start-up Policy drop-down menu, select Start and stop with host.
- Click Save.
The host synchronizes with the NTP server.