Copy and paste operations between the guest operating system and remote console are disabled by default. For a secure environment, retain the default setting. If you require copy and paste operations, you must enable them using the vSphere Client.
The default values for these options are set to ensure a secure environment. However, you must set them to true explicitly if you want to enable audit tools to check that the setting is correct.
Turn off the virtual machine.
- Browse to the virtual machine in the vSphere Client inventory.
- Right-click the virtual machine and click Edit Settings.
- Select VM Options.
- Click Advanced and click Edit Configuration.
- Ensure that the following values are in the Name and Value columns, or add them.
falseThese options override any settings made in the guest operating system’s VMware Tools control panel.
- Click OK.
- (Optional) If you made changes to the configuration parameters, restart the virtual machine.