Virtual Trusted Platform Module (vTPM) devices come pre-configured with default certificates, which you can review.
You must have a vTPM-enabled virtual machine in your environment.
- Connect to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Client.
- Select an object in the inventory that is a valid parent object of a virtual machine, for example, an ESXi host or a cluster.
- Select the vTPM-enabled virtual machine whose certificate information you want to view.
- Click the Configure tab.
- Under TPM, select Certificates.
- Select the certificate to view its information.
- (Optional) To export the certificate information, click Export.
The certificate is saved to disk.
What to do next
You can replace the default certificate with a certificate issued by a third-party certificate authority (CA). See Export and Replace vTPM Module Device Certificates.