Use the datastore file browser to manage contents of your datastores. You can browse folders and files that are stored on the datastore. You can also use the browser to upload files and perform administrative tasks on your folders and files.
- Open the datastore browser.
- Display the datastore in the inventory.
- Right-click the datastore and select Browse Files.
- Explore the contents of the datastore by navigating to existing folders and files.
- Perform administrative tasks by using the icons and options.
Icons and Options Descriptions Upload Files Upload a file to the datastore. Upload Folder (Available only in the vSphere Client) Upload a folder to the datastore. Download Download from the datastore. New Folder Create a folder on the datastore. Copy to Copy selected folders or files to a new location, either on the same datastore or on a different datastore. Move to Move selected folders or files to a new location, either on the same datastore or on a different datastore. Rename to Rename selected files. Delete Delete selected folders or files. Inflate Convert a selected thin virtual disk to thick. This option applies only to thin-provisioned disks.