If your ESXi host uses SCSI-based transport to communicate with protocol endpoints representing a storage array, you can modify default multipathing policies assigned to protocol endpoints. Use the Edit Multipathing Policies dialog box to change a path selection policy.
- In the vSphere Client, navigate to the ESXi host.
- Click the Configure tab.
- Under Storage, click Protocol Endpoints.
- Select the protocol endpoint whose paths you want to change and click the Properties tab.
- Under Multipathing Policies, click Edit Multipathing.
- Select a path policy and configure its settings. Your options change depending on the type of a storage device you use.
The path policies available for your selection depend on the storage vendor support.
- For information about path policies for SCSI devices, see Path Selection Plug-Ins and Policies.
- For information about path mechanisms for NVMe devices, see VMware High Performance Plug-In and Path Selection Schemes.
- To save your settings and exit the dialog box, click OK.