You can uninstall I/O filters deployed in an ESXi host cluster.
- Required privileges: Host.Config.Patch.
- Uninstall the I/O filter by running the installer that your vendor provides.
During uninstallation, a third party I/O filter installer automatically places the hosts into maintenance mode.If the uninstallation is successful, the filter and any related components are removed from the hosts.
- Verify that the I/O filter components are properly uninstalled from your ESXi hosts. Use one of the following methods:
The uninstalled filter no longer appears on the list.
- Run the esxcli software vib list command.
- View the I/O filters in the vSphere Client. See View I/O Filters and Storage Providers.