Assign WWN settings to virtual machine. You can later modify the WWN assignments.
You can create from 1 to 16 WWN pairs, which can be mapped to the first 1 to 16 physical FC HBAs on the host.
Typically, you do not need to change existing WWN assignments on your virtual machine. In certain circumstances, for example, when manually assigned WWNs are causing conflicts on the SAN, you might need to change or remove WWNs.
- Before configuring WWN, ensure that the ESXi host can access the storage LUN access control list (ACL) configured on the array side.
- If you want to edit the existing WWNs, power off the virtual machine.
- Right-click the virtual machine in the inventory and select Edit Settings.
- Click VM Options and expand Fibre Channel NPIV.
- Create or edit the WWN assignments by selecting one of the following options:
Option Description Temporarily disable NPIV for this virtual machine Disable but do not remove the existing WWN assignments for the virtual machine. Leave unchanged Retain the existing WWN assignments. The read-only WWN assignments section displays the node and port values of any existing WWN assignments. Generate new WWNs Generate new WWNs, overwriting any existing WWNs. The WWNs of the HBA are not affected. Specify the number of WWNNs and WWPNs. A minimum of two WWPNs are required to support failover with NPIV. Typically only one WWNN is created for each virtual machine. Remove WWN assignment Remove the WWNs assigned to the virtual machine. The virtual machine uses the HBA WWNs to access the storage LUN.
- Click OK to save your changes.