Determine which datastore is compatible with the storage policy that is associated with your virtual machine.
Occasionally, a storage policy that is assigned to a virtual machine can be in the noncompliant status. This status indicates that the virtual machine or its disks use datastores that are incompatible with the policy. You can migrate the virtual machine files and virtual disks to compatible datastores.
Use this task to determine which datastores satisfy the requirements of the policy.
- Verify that the storage policy for the virtual machine is in the noncompliant state.
- In the vSphere Client, navigate to the virtual machine.
- Click the Summary tab.
The VM Storage Policy Compliance panel on the VM Storage Policies pane shows the Noncompliant status.
- Navigate to the noncompliant storage policy.
- Click .
- Under Policies and Profiles, click VM Storage Policies.
- Display the list of compatible datastores for the noncompliant storage policy.
The list of datastores that match the requirements of the policy appears.
- Click the storage policy.
- Click Storage Compatibility.
What to do next
You can migrate the virtual machine or its disks to one of the datastores in the list.