ESXi enables you to mark devices as local. This action is useful in cases when ESXi is unable to determine whether certain devices are local.
- Make sure that the device is not shared.
- Power off virtual machines that reside on the device and unmount an associated datastore.
- In the vSphere Client, navigate to the ESXi host.
- Click the Configure tab.
- Under Storage, click Storage Devices.
- From the list of storage devices, select one or several remote devices and click the Mark as Local icon.
- Click Yes to save your changes.