View which multipathing policies the host uses for a specific storage device and the status of all available paths for this storage device.
- In the vSphere Client, navigate to the ESXi host.
- Click the Configure tab.
- Under Storage, click Storage Devices.
- Select the storage device whose paths you want to view.
- Click the Properties tab and review the module that owns the device, for example NMP or HPP.
Under Multipathing Policies, you can also see the Path Selection Policy and, if applicable, the Storage Array Type Policy assigned to the device.
- Click the Paths tab to review all paths available for the storage device and the status of each path. The following path status information can appear:
Status Description Active (I/O) Working path or multiple paths that currently transfer data. Standby Paths that are inactive. If the active path fails, they can become operational and start transferring I/O. Disabled Paths that are disabled by the administrator. Dead Paths that are no longer available for processing I/O. A physical medium failure or array misconfiguration can cause this status.
If you are using the Fixed path policy, you can see which path is the preferred path. The preferred path is marked with an asterisk (*) in the Preferred column.