You use the New Datastore wizard to create a vVols datastore.
- In the vSphere Client object navigator, browse to a host, a cluster, or a data center.
- From the right-click menu, select .
- Select vVol as the datastore type.
- Enter the datastore name and select a backing storage container from the list of storage containers.
Make sure to use the name that does not duplicate another datastore name in your data center environment.
If you mount the same vVols datastore to several hosts, the name of the datastore must be consistent across all hosts.
- Select the hosts that require access to the datastore.
- Review the configuration options and click Finish.
What to do next
After you create the vVols datastore, you can perform such datastore operations as renaming the datastore, browsing datastore files, unmounting the datastore, and so on.
You cannot add the vVols datastore to a datastore cluster.