If storage requirements for virtual machines and virtual disks change, you can modify the existing storage policy. You can also create a copy of the existing VM storage policy by cloning it. While cloning, you can optionally select to customize the original storage policy.
- In the vSphere Client, navigate to the storage policy.
- Click .
- Under Policies and Profiles, click VM Storage Policies.
- Select the storage policy, and click one of the following icons:
- (Optional) Modify the policy and click OK.
- If editing the storage policy that is used by a virtual machine, reapply the policy to the virtual machine.
Option Description Manually later If you select this option, the compliance status for all virtual disks and virtual machine home objects associated with the storage policy changes to Out of Date. To update configuration and compliance, manually reapply the storage policy to all associated entities. See Reapply Virtual Machine Storage Policy. Now Update virtual machine and compliance status immediately after editing the storage policy.