Certain functionalities, such as vSAN or virtual flash resource, require that your ESXi host uses clean storage devices. You can erase an HHD or flash device and remove all existing data.
- Make sure that the host is in the connected state.
- Verify that the devices you plan to erase are not in use.
- Required privilege: Host.Config.Storage
- In the vSphere Client, navigate to the ESXi host.
- Click the Configure tab.
- Under Storage, click Storage Devices.
- Select one or more devices and click the Erase Partitions icon.
- Verify that the partition information you are erasing is not critical.
- Click OK to confirm your change.