Use the vSphere Client to remove the software NVMe over RDMA adapter. You can remove the adapter if you need to free the underlying RDMA network adapter for other purposes.
- In the vSphere Client, navigate to the ESXi host.
- Click the Configure tab.
- Under Storage, click Storage Adapters, and select the adapter (vmhba#) to remove.
- Remove the NVMe controller connected to the adapter.
- Click the Controllers tab.
- Select the controller and click Remove.
The NVMe controller is disconnected and disappears from the list.
- Click the Remove icon (Remove the host's storage adapter) to remove the NVMe over RDMA adapter.