Generally, you do not need to change the default multipathing settings that your ESXi host uses for a specific storage device. If you want to make any changes, you can use the Edit Multipathing Policies dialog box to modify the path selection policy. You can also use this dialog box to change multipathing for SCSI-based protocol endpoints.
- In the vSphere Client, navigate to the ESXi host.
- Click the Configure tab.
- Under Storage, click Storage Devices or Protocol Endpoints.
- Select the item whose paths you want to change and click the Properties tab.
- Under Multipathing Policies, select Edit Multipathing from the Actions menu.
- Select a path policy and configure its settings. Your options change depending on the type of a storage device you use.
- For information about path policies for SCSI devices, see Path Selection Plug-Ins and Policies.
- For information about path mechanisms for NVMe devices, see VMware High Performance Plug-In and Path Selection Schemes.
- To save your settings and exit the dialog box, click OK.