If you use NFS 4.1 with Kerberos, ESXi hosts, the NFS server, and the Active Domain server need to be time synchronized. Typically, in the setup the Active Domain server is used as the Network Time Protocol (NTP) server.
The following task describes how to synchronize the ESXi host with the NTP server.
The best practice is to use the Active Domain server as the NTP server.
- In the vSphere Client, navigate to the ESXi host.
- Click the Configure tab.
- Under System, select Time Configuration.
- Click Edit and set up the NTP server.
- Select Use Network Time Protocol (Enable NTP client).
- To synchronize with the NTP server, enter its IP addresses.
- Select Start NTP Service.
- Set the NTP Service Startup Policy.
- Click OK.
The host synchronizes with the NTP server.