You can mount a datastore you previously unmounted. You can also mount a datastore on additional hosts, so that it becomes a shared datastore.
A VMFS datastore that has been unmounted from all hosts remains in inventory, but is marked as inaccessible. You can use this task to mount the VMFS datastore to a specified host or multiple hosts.
If you have unmounted an NFS or a vVols datastore from all hosts, the datastore disappears from the inventory. To mount the NFS or vVols datastore that has been removed from the inventory, use the New Datastore wizard.
A datastore of any type that is unmounted from some hosts while being mounted on others, is shown as active in the inventory.
- In the vSphere Client, navigate to the datastore.
- Right-click the datastore to mount and select one of the following options:
Whether you see one or another option depends on the type of datastore you use.
- Mount Datastore
- Mount Datastore on Additional Hosts
- Select the hosts that should access the datastore and click OK.
- To list all hosts that share the datastore, navigate to the datastore, and click the Hosts tab.