You can use the vCenter Server Management Interface to monitor the use of the embedded database of the vCenter Server by data type. You can also monitor space use trending graphs and filter any of the largest data types.
Log in to the vCenter Server Management Interface as root.
- In the vCenter Server Management Interface, click Monitor.
- On the Monitor page, click the Database tab to monitor the consumed and free space for the vCenter Server database.
- From the date range drop-down menu, select the time period for which you want to generate the space utilization trending graphs.
- At the base of the graph, click the title a particular database component to include or exclude that component from the graph.
Option Description Seat space utilization trend graph Allows you to select and view alarm, event, task, and stat trendlines. Overall space utilization trend graph Allows you to select and view SEAT, DB Log, and core trendlines.
- Point to the space utilization graph to see the database use value for a particular date and time.