In Advanced Settings, you can modify the vCenter Server configuration file, vpxd.cfg.
You can use Advanced Settings to add entries to the vpxd.cfg file, but not to edit or delete them. VMware recommends that you change these settings only when instructed to do so by VMware technical support or when you are following specific instructions in VMware documentation.
- In the vSphere Client, navigate to the vCenter Server instance.
- Select the Configure tab.
- Select Advanced Settings.
- Click Edit Settings.
- In the Name field, type a name for the setting. Names must start with 'config.' For example: config.log.
- In the Value field, type the value for the specified setting.
- Click Add.
- Click Save.
config.appended to the setting keys in the vpxd.cfg file. For example:
config.example.setting = exampleValue
What to do next
Many advanced settings changes require you to restart the vCenter Server system. Consult VMware technical support to determine if your changes require a restart.