You can associate workflows with a vSphere object type, such as host, to run the workflows directly on the inventory objects of that type.
Workflows associated with inventory object types are listed in the context menu that appears when you right-click an inventory object, and in the Actions menu.
- Verify that you have configured at least one Orchestrator server to work with the same Single Sign-On instance to which vCenter Server is pointing. You must also ensure that Orchestrator is registered as a vCenter Serverextension. You register Orchestrator as a vCenter Server extension when you specify a user account that has the necessary privileges to manage vCenter Server extensions. For more information, see Installing and Configuring VMware vRealize Orchestrator.
- Log in to the vSphere Client as a member of the Administrators group.
- In the object navigator, click vRealize Orchestrator.
- Click the Manage tab.
- Click the Context Actions subtab.
- Click the Add icon to add a workflow.
- Select the Orchestrator server from the vRO Servers tree, and navigate through the workflow library to find the workflow to add.
- Click Add.
The workflow appears in the list of selected workflows on the right.
- (Optional) Enable multi-selection.
With multi-selection enabled, you can select multiple vSphere objects of the same type when you run the workflow.
- Under Available types, select the vSphere object types with which you want to associate the workflow.
- Click OK.