A quick search checks all types of objects for the specified search term within the name or other properties of the object.
- Enter the search term in the search box at the top of the vSphere Client window.
Multiple search terms in a quick or simple search are treated as if they are connected by ORs. For example, searching for example machine finds all objects with names containing either "example" or "machine".The search results appear below the search box as you type. The number of items displayed is limited to 10.
- (Optional) To run a saved search, click the saved search icon and select a saved search query.
- (Optional) To display an item in the inventory, click the item from the drop-down list of the search results.
- (Optional) To see more search results or more details about the search results, click the summary of the search results from the drop-down list of search results.
The search results are listed in tables arranged by object type. For example, if a search finds hosts and virtual machines, the following tables appear: Hosts, which shows only host results and Virtual Machines, which shows only virtual machine results.
- (Optional) To display an object in the inventory, click the object in the search results page.