You can power off or restart any ESXi host using the vSphere Client. Powering off a managed host disconnects it from vCenter Server, but does not remove it from the inventory.
- Locate the ESXi host in the inventory.
- Power off all virtual machines that run on the ESXihost.
- Select the ESXi host you want to power off.
- Select .
- Select the operation.
- To power off and restart the ESXi host, click Reboot.
- To power off the ESXi host, click Shut Down.
- Provide a reason for the operation and click OK.
This information is added to the log.