On servers running ESXi, you can select the device that the server boots from.
- In the vSphere Client home page, navigate to .
- Select a host in the inventory and click the Configure tab.
- Under Hardware, select Overview and click the Boot Options button.
- Select a boot device from the drop-down menu.
- (Optional) To reboot immediately from the device you selected, select Apply and Reboot on OK.
If you do not select Apply and Reboot on OK, the new setting takes effect when the host reboots next.
- Click OK.