To explore the complete set of features available for an asset, you can set it to evaluation mode.
Different products have different terms for using their evaluation mode. Before you set an asset to evaluation mode, you should consider the specifics for using the evaluation mode of its associated product. For details, see the licensing model documentation for the relevant product at Licensing for Products in vSphere.
- To view and manage licenses in the vSphere environment, you must have the vCenter Server system, where the vSphere Client runs. privilege on the
- Click .
- Expand Licensing and click Licenses.
- Select the Assets tab.
- Select the vCenter Server systems, Hosts, vSAN Clusters, Supervisor Clusters, or Solutions tab.
- Select the asset that you want to set to evaluation mode.
- Click the Assign License icon.
- Select Evaluation License and click OK to save your changes.
The asset is in evaluation mode. You can explore the entire set of features that are available for the asset.