You can use sortable columns and input filters to sort and find objects in your vSphere Client inventory that meet certain criteria.
You can sort list views by column. These list views can be selected in the Global Inventory Lists pane or found in search results.
From a list view, you can use the Filter field to filter objects.
For example, you can sort virtual machines by name, provisioned space, used space, and so on. You can filter them by name, state, status, and so on.
- In the vSphere Client home page, select Global Inventory Lists.
- To open an object list view, select an object type from the list.
If objects from the selected type are not present in the inventory, a blank page appears.
- (Optional) Click the column you want to sort objects by. You can click again on that column to reverse the sorting order.
- Add or remove columns from the object list view:
- Click the arrow in the upper right corner of a column and select Show/Hide Columns.
- (Optional) To show columns in the object list view, select the columns from the default list.
- (Optional) To hide columns from the object list view, deselect the columns from the default list.
- (Optional) To filter objects, enter your filtering parameter in the filter field above the object list table. For example, in the virtual machine list view, type powered on to filter for all virtual machines that are in a powered on state.
A list of inventory objects that meet your filtering criteria are displayed in your selected sorting order.