You can manage the user privileges for working with tags and categories. The procedure for assigning permissions to tags is the same as the procedure for assigning permissions to tag categories.
When you create a tag, you can specify which users and groups can operate with that tag. For example, you can grant administrative rights only to administrators and set read-only permissions for all other users or groups. You must have vSphere administrator credentials to set and manage permissions for tags.
Permissions for tags work similar to permissions for vCenter Server inventory objects. For more information, see the vSphere Security documentation.
- In the vSphere Client, select .
- On the Tags tab, click the Tags or Categories button.
Depending on the button that you click, you see the list of tags or the list of tag categories.
- Select an item from the list and click Add Permission.
- In the Add Permission dialog box, select a domain from the drop-down menu.
- Search for a user or a group to add.
- Select a role to add from the drop-down menu.
- To enable permission inheritance, select the Propagate to children check box.
- Click OK.