API Explorer retrieves available vSphere REST APIs from a selected endpoint to give you information and context around API calls.
- From the home sidebar menu, click Developer Center and go to the API Explorer tab.
- Using the Select Endpoint drop-down menu, select an endpoint from the environment.
- Using the Select API drop-down menu, select an API. The listed APIs are the ones publicly provided by the existing API explorer in vCenter Server.
- (Optional) You can enter text into the filter text box to filter your results. For example, enter health to get a list of methods related to monitoring the health of the selected API.
- To see detailed information about a method, click that method. Click Execute to invoke that method against the live environment.
Code for the invoked method is produced in the response box.
- (Optional) To copy the response code to your clipboard, click Copy JSON. You can download the response code by clicking Download.