You can view the features that an asset uses before you assign it a license. For example, if an ESXi host is in evaluation mode, you can view which features the hosts uses and then assign an appropriate license to it.
- To view and manage licenses in the vSphere environment, you must have the vCenter Server system, where the vSphere Client runs. privilege on the
- Click .
- Expand Licensing and click Licenses.
- Select the Assets tab.
- Select the vCenter Server systems, Hosts, Clusters, or the Solutions option.
- Select an asset and view the associated features.
- Click the Features subtab below the list of assets.