Enable EVC on an existing cluster to ensure vMotion CPU compatibility between the hosts in the cluster. Other cluster features such as vSphere DRS and vSphere HA are fully compatible with EVC.
- Select a cluster in the vSphere inventory.
- Power off all the virtual machines on the hosts with feature sets greater than the EVC mode.
- Click the Configure tab, select VMware EVC, and click Edit.
- Enable EVC for the CPU vendor and feature set appropriate for the hosts in the cluster, and click OK.
- Power on the virtual machines in the cluster to apply the EVC.