Create a VM anti-affinity rule to place and keep all virtual hard disks of selected virtual machines on different datastores within the datastore cluster.
- Navigate to a virtual machine in the inventory.
- On the Configure tab, expand Settings and click VM SDRS Rules.
- Click the Add button.
The Add SDRS rule dialog box opens.
- From the Type drop-down menu, select VM anti-affinity.
- In the Rule name text box, enter a name for the rule.
- From the Datastore cluster drop-down menu, select the datastore cluster where the anti-affinity rule will operate.
- From the list of virtual machines at the bottom of the dialog box, select the virtual machines to which the anti-affinity rule applies.
You can add or remove virtual machines to the list.
- (Optional) Deselect the Enable the rule check box.
The rule is enabled by default.Deselecting the Enable the rule check box disables the rule. If an existing rule is disabled, it is not applied to the virtu
- Click OK.
A VM anti-affinity rule is created. If the rule is enabled, all virtual hard disks of the selected virtual machines are placed and kept on different datastores within the datastore cluster.