vSphere Virtual Machine Administration describes how to create, configure, and manage virtual machines in the VMware vSphere® environment.
At VMware, we value inclusion. To foster this principle within our customer, partner, and internal community, we have updated this guide to remove instances of non-inclusive language.
This guide provides introductions to the tasks that you can perform within the system and also cross-references to the documentation that describes the tasks in detail.
This information focuses on managing virtual machines and includes the following information.
- Creating and deploying virtual machines, templates, and clones
- Deploying OVF templates
- Using content libraries to manage templates and other library items
- Configuring virtual machine hardware and virtual machine options
- Managing multi-tiered applications with VMware vSphere vApp
- Monitoring solutions with the vCenter Solutions Manager
- Managing virtual machines, including using snapshots
- Upgrading virtual machines
- Troubleshooting virtual machines
vSphere Virtual Machine Administration covers VMware ESXi™ and VMware vCenter Server®.
This information is written for experienced Windows or Linux system administrators who are familiar with virtualization.