Delete a previous version of a VM template if you no longer want to allow the use of the template. Deleting a VM template removes the template and its content from the inventory.
- To delete a previous version of a template:
Option Action From a content library
- Navigate to .
- To open a local library, click its name.
- On the Templates tab, select a VM template.
From the vSphere Client inventory
- Navigate to and click the VM template.
- Click the Versioning tab.
- From the vertical timeline, navigate to the previous state of the VM template, click the horizontal ellipsis icon (), and select Delete Version.
The Confirm Delete dialog box opens.
- To delete permanently the VM template and its contents, click Yes.