To troubleshoot your implementation of vSphere, identify the symptoms of the problem, determine which of the components are affected, and test possible solutions.
- Identifying Symptoms
- A number of potential causes might lead to the under-performance or nonperformance of your implementation. The first step in efficient troubleshooting is to identify exactly what is going wrong.
- Defining the Problem Space
- After you have isolated the symptoms of the problem, you must define the problem space. Identify the software or hardware components that are affected and might be causing the problem and those components that are not involved.
- Testing Possible Solutions
- When you know what the symptoms of the problem are and which components are involved, test the solutions systematically until the problem is resolved.