If you check out a VM template and make no updates to the virtual machine or perform an update that you do not want to keep, you can discard the checked out virtual machine. Each time you check in the virtual machine back to the template, you create a new version of the VM template. You can discard the checked out virtual machine to avoid creating new versions or to prevent other users from using a faulty version.
- To discard a checked out virtual machine:
Option Action From a content library
- Navigate to .
- To open a local library, click its name.
- On the Templates tab, select a VM template.
- From the vertical timeline, click the horizontal ellipsis icon () that appears in the checked out VM template box and select Discard Checked Out VM.
From the vSphere Client inventory
The Discard Checked Out VM dialog box opens.
- Navigate to and click the VM template.
- Click the Versioning tab in the vertical timeline.
- Click the horizontal ellipsis icon () that appears in the checked out VM template box, and select Discard Checked Out VM.
- To delete the checked out virtual machine and discard all changes, click Discard.
You deleted the virtual machine from the inventory and discarded all changes.