IOInsight allows you to select and view I/O performance metrics of virtual machines in a vSAN cluster. By understanding the I/O characteristics of VMs, you can ensure better capacity planning and performance tuning.
- Navigate to the vSAN cluster or host.
You can also access IOInsight from the VM. Select the VM and navigate to Monitor > vSAN > Performance > Virtual Disks.
- Click the Monitor tab.
- Under vSAN, select Performance.
- Select the IOInsight tab and click New Instance.
- Select the required hosts or VMs that you want to monitor. You can also search for VMs.
- Click Next.
- Enter a name and select a duration.
- Click Next and review the instance information.
- Click Finish.
IOInsight instance monitors the selected VMs for the specified duration. However, you can stop an instance before completion of the duration that you specified.
vSAN displays performance charts for the VMs in the cluster, including IOPS, throughput, I/O size distribution, I/O latency distribution, and so on.
What to do next
You can view metrics for the IOInsight instance that you created.