You can view the status of virtual objects in the vSAN cluster.
When one or more hosts are unable to communicate with the vSAN datastore, the information about virtual objects might not displayed.
- Navigate to the vSAN cluster.
- Click the Monitor tab.
- Under vSAN, select Virtual Objects to view the corresponding virtual objects in the vSAN cluster.
Note: At the cluster level, the Container Volumes filter displays detached container volumes. To view attached volumes, select the VM to which the container is attached.
- Select an object type in the Affected inventory objects area at the top of the page to display information about each object, such as health and availability, storage policy, and vSAN UUID. You can also view the vSphere Replication objects.
- Select the check box on one of the virtual objects and click View Placement details to open the Physical Placement dialog box. You can view the device information, such as name, identifier or UUID, number of devices used for each virtual machine, and how they are mirrored across hosts.
- On the Physical Placement dialog box, select the Group components by host placement check box to organize the objects by host and by disk.