You can decommission a stretched cluster and convert it to a standard vSAN cluster.
When you disable a stretched cluster, the witness host is removed, but the fault domain configuration remains. Because the witness host is not available, all witness components are missing for your virtual machines. To ensure full availability for your VMs, repair the cluster objects immediately.
- Navigate to the vSAN stretched cluster.
- Click the Configure tab.
- Under vSAN, click Fault Domains.
- Disable the stretched cluster.
- Click Disable. The Remove Witness Host dialog opens.
- Click Remove to confirm.
- Remove the fault domain configuration.
- Select a fault domain, and choose menu Actions > Delete. Click Yes to confirm.
- Select the other fault domain, and choose menu Actions > Delete. Click Yes to confirm.
- Repair the objects in the cluster.
vSAN recreates the witness components within the cluster.
- Click the Monitor tab.
- Under vSAN, click Health and click vSAN object health.
- Click Repair object immediately.