You can quickly reassign a new shared witness host for two-node vSAN clusters.
When you configure a two-node cluster, you can select a witness host. The witness host can be shared by up to 64 two-node clusters. You also can reassign the cluster to a different shared witness host.
- Right-click a two-node vSAN cluster in the vSphere Client navigator.
- Select menu vSAN > Assign Shared Witness.
- On the Reassign to another witness host dialog box, select a witness host from the drop-down menu.
- (optional) Click Validate Cluster Compatibility.
- Claim disks for the new witness host.
If the witness host is already assigned to one or more two-node clusters, this page does not appear.
- Review the configuration and click Finish.
The two-node cluster is reassigned to use the selected witness host.