You can create an iSCSI initiator group to provide access control for iSCSI targets. Only iSCSI initiators that are members of the initiator group can access the iSCSI targets.
- Navigate to the vSAN cluster.
- Click the Configure tab.
- Under vSAN, click iSCSI Target Service.
- Click the Initiator Groups tab, and click the Add a new iSCSI initiator group () icon. The New Initiator Group dialog box is displayed.
- Enter a name for the iSCSI initiator group.
- (Optional) To add members to the initiator group, enter the IQN of each member. Use the following format to enter the member IQN:
- YYYY = year, such as 2016
- MM = month, such as 09
- domain = domain where the initiator resides
- name = member name (optional)
- Click OK or Create.
What to do next
Add members to the iSCSI initiator group.