If you configured your vSAN cluster through Quickstart, you can use the Quickstart workflow to add hosts and storage devices to the cluster.
When you add new hosts to the vSAN cluster, you can use the Cluster configuration wizard to complete the host configuration. For more information about Quickstart, see "Using Quickstart to Configure and Expand a vSAN Cluster in vSAN Planning and Deployment.
- The Quickstart workflow must be available for your vSAN cluster.
- No network configuration performed through the Quickstart workflow has been modified from outside of the Quickstart workflow.
- Navigate to the cluster in the vSphere Client.
- Click the Configure tab, and select Configuration > Quickstart.
- On the Add hosts card, click Launch to open the Add hosts wizard.
- On the Add hosts page, enter information for new hosts, or click Existing hosts and select from hosts listed in the inventory.
- On the Host summary page, verify the host settings.
- On the Ready to complete page, click Finish.
- On the Cluster configuration card, click Launch to open the Cluster configuration wizard.
- On the Configure the distributed switches page, enter networking settings for the new hosts.
- (optional) On the Claim disks page, select disks on each new host.
- (optional) On the Create fault domains page, move the new hosts into their corresponding fault domains.
For more information about fault domains, see Managing Fault Domains in vSAN Clusters.
- On the Ready to complete page, verify the cluster settings, and click Finish.