You can manually combine specific cache devices with specific capacity devices to define disk groups on a particular host.
Note: Only the vSAN Data Persistence platform can consume vSAN Direct storage. The vSAN Data Persistence platform provides a framework for software technology partners to integrate with VMware infrastructure. Each partner must develop their own plug-in for VMware customers to receive the benefits of the vSAN Data Persistence platform. The platform is not operational until the partner solution running on top is operational. For more information, see vSphere with Tanzu Configuration and Management.
- Navigate to the vSAN cluster.
- Click the Configure tab.
- Under vSAN, click Disk Management.
- Click Claim unused disks.
- Group by host.
- Select disks to claim.
- Select the flash device to use for the cache tier.
- Select the disks to use for the capacity tier.
- Click Create or OK to confirm your selections.
The new disk group appears in the list.