ESXi 7.0 supports VMware vSphere® Virtual Volumes™ storage and up to 5 node WSFC clusters. The storage array must support SCSI3-PRs at the subsidiary LUN level.
- ESXi 7.0 supports vVols Storage for Windows Server 2008 SP2 and above releases.
- Only Cluster-across-box (CAB) is supported.
- WSFC on vVols can work with any type of disk, "Thin" as well as "Thick"-provisioned disks.
- This feature enables customers to move away from using pRDM.
- WSFC on vVols supports vSphere HA, DRS and vMotion.
- The underlying transport protocol can be FC, SCSI or FCoE.
- Cluster-in-a-box (CIB) and a mixture of CAB and CIB is not supported.
- N+1 cluster configuration, in which one ESXi host has virtual machines which are secondary nodes and one primary node is a physical box is not supported.