You must follow these requirements when using Clustered VMDKs with WSFC.
- You must set the Windows Cluster Parameter QuorumArbitrationTimeMax to 60.
- The physical disk that virtual disks are stored on must support ATS SCSI commands.
- The physical disk must support SCSI-3 Persistent Reservations, specifically Write Exclusive All Registrants (WEAR) type reservations.
- VMDKs must be Eager Zeroed Thick Provisioned.
- Storage devices can be claimed by VMware Native Multipathing Plugin (NMP) or by any other third-party MultiPathing Plugin (MPP). Check with vendors regarding the support for Clustered VMDK before using a vendor's third-party MultiPathing Plugin (MPP).