ESXi 7.0 supports iSCSI storage and up to 5 node WSFC clusters.
- ESXi 7.0 supports iSCSI for Windows Server 2012 and above releases. Windows Server 2008 SP2 and earlier are not supported.
- Cluster-across-box (CAB) and cluster-in-a-box (CIB) are supported. A mixture of CAB and CIB is not supported.
- Clustered VMDKs on VMFS datastore in CAB are not supported over iSCSI.
- No qualification is needed for software iSCSI initiator in a guest operating system.
- N+1 cluster configuration comprising of a cluster between "N" virtual machines on separate ESXi hosts and one physical machine running Windows natively is supported.
- All hosts must be running ESXi 6.0 or later.
- Mixed cluster nodes running FC or FCOE and iSCSI are not supported. Mixed mode refers to shared disks (for the same Windows Failover cluster) from different kinds of storage such as FC, iSCSI, FCoE or the shared disk type being different such as RDM, VMDK or VVOls.
- Cluster nodes registered to hosts with different ESXi versions are not supported.
- Mixed mode of iSCSI config is supported.