Set the automation level of all virtual machines in an WSFC cluster to Partially Automated. When you set the vSphere DRS automation level for the virtual machine to Partially Automated, vCenter Server will perform initial placement of virtual machines when they are powered on and will provide migration recommendations for them.
- Browse to the cluster in the vSphere Client.
- Click Configure.
- Under Services, select vSphere DRS and click Edit.
- Expand DRS Automation, under Virtual Machine Automation select the Enable individual virtual machine automation levels check box and click OK.
- Under Configuration, select VM Overrides and click Add.
- Click the + button, select the WSFC virtual machines in the cluster and click OK.
- Click the Automation level drop-down menu, and select Partially Automated.
- Click OK.
Note: VMware recommends partially automated mode for WSFC virtual machines, but there is no technical restriction which prevents the setting for WSFC virtual machines to be fully automated. If the fully automated setting is used please tune WSFC advanced settings to prevent WSFC failover during vMotion.