In an WSFC cluster, storage disks are shared between nodes. You set up a quorum disk and at least one shared storage disk.
- In the vSphere Client, select the newly created virtual machine, right-click and select Edit Settings.
- Click the New device drop-down menu, select SCSI Controller.
- In new SCSI Controller, select VMware Paravirtual and set SCSI Bus Sharing to Virtual. Click OK.
Note: LSI SAS is supported, but VMware Paravirtual is recommended.
- Select the newly created virtual machine in step 1, right-click and select Edit Settings
- Click the New device drop-down menu, select Hard Disk.
- Expand New Hard disk and select the disk size required.
- Select a datastore for Location.
- Under Disk Provisioning, select Thick Provision with Eager zeroed.
- Select the newly created SCSI controller in step 2, for virtual device node (for example, select SCSI (1:0)).
Note: This must be a new SCSI controller. You cannot use SCSI 0.
- Click OK.
The wizard creates a new hard disk.