To allow shared access to clustered services and data, use Add an Existing disk on the second VM to point to the disks from the first VM that should be shared. Use the same SCSI IDs.
Before you begin, obtain the following information:
- Obtain SCSI IDs for all virtual disks to be shared.
- In the vSphere Client, select the newly created virtual machine, right-click and select Edit Settings.
- Click the New device drop-down menu, select Existing Hard Disk, and click Add.
- Select the same virtual device node you chose for the first virtual machine’s shared storage disks (for example, SCSI (1:0)), and click OK.
Note: The location of the virtual device node for this virtual machine’s shared storage must match the corresponding virtual device node for the first virtual machine.
- In Disk File Path, browse to the location of the quorum disk specified for the first node.