To create the second node, you set up a virtual machine, a second node of a WSFC cluster, where the first node is a physical server.
Before you begin, make sure that the shared storage that is visible from the physical machine that you configured in Create the First Node for a Cluster of Physical and Virtual Machines is also visible from the ESXi host.
- Open the vSphere Client and connect to the vCenter Server system.
Use the user name and password of the user who will have administrator permissions on the virtual machine.
- In the vSphere Client, right-click the host and select New Virtual Machine.
- Proceed through the wizard to create the virtual machine.
Page Action Creation type Select Create a new virtual machine. Name and folder Enter a name and select a location. Compute resource Select a cluster, host, vApp or resource pool to run this virtual machine. Storage Select a datastore as the location for the virtual machine configuration file and the virtual machine disk (.vmdk) file. Compatibility The host or cluster suports more than one VMware virtual machine version. Select a compatibility for the virtual machine. Guest operating system Select the guest operating system that you intend to install. Customize hardware Select virtual hardware, advanced virtual machine options, and SDRS rules. Ready to Complete Review your selections.
- Click Finish to complete creating the virtual machine.
- Install a Windows Server operating system on the virtual machine.